Monday, January 5, 2009

Sleepwalker

Wow. Two posts in one day--I must really be trying to avoid my research paper. But, we may have another sleepwalker in the family, and I thought I would capture the moment before I forget about it. It happened the night before last. The boys had both been asleep for a couple hours and Tony and I were just bordering on sleep. I heard an unintelligible strand of "words" from Blake. I jumped out of bed quickly so I could comfort him before he woke up Egan. By the time I got to our door, Blake was walking into the living room. He said "mommy" once and seemed to look around for me. I was calling him to come to me, but he never really acknowledged me. Instead he just walked over to our over-stuffed green chair and crawled up into it. I kept saying his name and told him to come to me, but he fell right back to sleep in the chair. Tony and I laughed for a little while, but then didn't know what to do with him. Tony covered him up with a blanket and Blake ended up sleeping there for almost 5 hours (until 4 a.m., when both him and Egan decided to wake up).

Poor kid. We can only hope his episodes don't get as bad as his Aunt Linzi's (my sister) or his Uncle Scott's (Tony's brother). There are plenty of funny sleepwalking stories from both sides of the family!

2 comments:

Martin and Taryn said...

Hehe, this is cute! I was a BIG sleepwalker in my childhood years...I was always worried about outgrowing it before I got married! Just beware of outside doors and a little one sleepwalking!

The Larsons said...

That is too funny!

Hey, this is Cassie. Found your blog through Camara's. So fun that you have a blog! Ours is larsonteam.blogspot.com.