Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Tony!

On Tuesday, January 13th, Tony had a birthday. Not just any birthday. He celebrated 30 years of birthdays! I really wanted to make it special for him. Money was tight, though, and a party wasn't very feasible. So, he just got a few gifts and we hung out as a family then went to dinner with his parents Tuesday night. I think it ended up being fun--a lot more low-key than I would have wanted for him. He was a good sport though.

It's crazy to think that we have spent the last 8 years together! We first met December 17, 2000! (And just so everyone doesn't assume that I am as old as him, I will point out that I was only a high school senior when we first met.) I can still remember the first time I saw him. I think I was too nervous to really think about anything that night. If it weren't for my little sister and his little brother, I don't know that I would have ever talked to him! (I was a little shy.) But it didn't take more than a couple days to know I wanted to spend my life with him. He is such a wonderful husband and the best dad I could want for my children. I am so greatful to have spent these years with him and look forward to the next 30, or 60!

Happy 30th, Tony.

3 comments:

Martin and Taryn said...

Oh, I love it! Happy birthday, Tony! It's funny cause Martin and I wouldn't be together if it wasn't for his younger sister! Small world!

Hansing Family said...

Happy Birthday Tony! Sorry we couldn't be there to celebrate it with you!

Abbie said...

Thanks for the link! I don't really myspace anymore! Here is our blog though! Abbie