Tuesday, December 30, 2008

He's a natural!


Egan got his first taste of "food" on Saturday. We debated for a while about when to start him on rice cereal. A nutritionist suggested we start on cereal when he was only 3 months old. She thought he was over-eating and the rice would help him feel full sooner. My doctor recommended starting it sometime between 4 and 6 months. This past week, I finally decided it was time.

As you can tell from the picture, he made quite a mess. He is a natural eater though! By the second night, he was opening his mouth when the spoon was presented. He still reflexively pushes the food out with his tongue, but I actually think he's getting better at it already. I guess he was born to eat! (Must get that from his mother.)

2 comments:

Camara said...

wow he is getting big too fast! How was your Christmas? Ours was pretty good. I dont know if I ever gave our blog address to you, but here it is. It's no longer private so you shouldn't have any problems. joeandcamara.blogspot.com

Justin and Linzi said...

I love this picture...go figure that Egan wouldn't have any problems eating!