Friday, December 19, 2008

A linebacker in the making...

I took Egan to the doctor today for his 4-month check-up. The kid is a monster! He weighed 17 lbs. 11 oz. and was 27 3/4 inches long. A little reference point: Blake was 13 lbs. 9 oz. and 24 3/4 inches long at his 4-month check-up. Blake did have to play catch-up for a while since he was almost a month early. Regardless, Egan is in the 90th percentile for weight and above the 95th for length and head circumference.

Besides their size, my boys are as different as can be. Blake is always a challenge. From the time he was born, he demanded attention. As soon as he figured out how to move, he never stopped. Egan already seems more laid back. He is a happy baby. Although he loves attention, he is usually content to just sit up and watch the world (and his big brother). It is so much fun for me as a parent to watch their little personalities--as different as they are. I love the energy that Blake has and pray I can help him channel that energy into something good. I appreciate how "easy" Egan is to take care of (if any baby can be called and "easy" baby). And I love that he just seems so happy. I just love my boys so much! I am so excited to watch how they will turn out.

You can see from the pictures (coming soon) that my boys look almost as different as they act.

0 comments: