Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I absolutely LOVE my boys!!! I am grateful to have both of them and was happy when I found out each one was a boy. However, there is a reason why I don't want to have ALL boys. Perhaps, all kids can be crazy and make huge messes, but I like to think it's just a boy thing and when I do have a girl, she'll be easy to raise and little more laid back. And of course, I'll never walk into the living room and find this....



Within about 3 minutes, Blake and Egan had pulled out every wipe from a new box of wipes. And, when I found them, they were tearing each wipe to pieces. I was furious. Although I can laugh about it now, I was not happy at the time and sent them both to bed. (I needed to keep Egan out of the living room so I could clean them all up....and Blake knew better!) I was still furious as I carefully tried to refold each wipe. Of course, the pop-up dispenser was useless after each one had been torn apart.



As if I needed any more reminders of why I deserve a sweet, perfect little girl to keep me sane in this house, Blake decided to dump out a bottle of black acrylic paint on the floor last night. Tony was busy with an online "meeting" for school, so I was left to clean this mess up on my own...




I'm not satisfied that this picture does the mess any justice. It's hard to tell that there is a big glob of the paint in the middle. Sadly enough, both boys were right in front of me when it happened. I was just too busy trying to delete old shows from the DVR list to notice what Blake was playing with.







I went through 3 big bath towels and a whole bottle of carpet cleaner and it's still not out. Thankfully, the paint is water-based, so I do have hope of it coming out eventually.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah- I was laughing as I read your post. I don't know if a girl would be any calmer, mine sure are not! Both of those incidents have happened to me, except it was dark red arcylic paint and now it looks maroon in the carpet. But don't give up hope! :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry I just noticed I spelled your name with an H. It is just habit!

Hillary Brown said...

Sorry about the paint! that sucks! you should try some stuff called 'goof off' or 'oops'. I know they carry it at walmart, but it is in a wierd place... anyway, it is meant to take out stuff like paint, marker, greas3, glue, etc. It is good stuff! good luck!

Hansing Family said...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am not sure that a little girl will not do those things! Lydia has done the wipe thing many times, and I am sure the paint thing hasn't happened yet only because she hasn't managed to get her hands on any of it! I saw that you used oxyclean carpet cleaner, you might try using the powdered oxyclean for a stronger concentration. It gets everything out of Lydia's clothes, and it says it can be used on carpet on the back! Good luck!