Friday, July 3, 2009

Blake's first (theater) movie!

Tonight was a BIG first for our little man. Tony's mom (affectionately called "Gangy") and I took Blake to the movie theater for the first time. I honestly did not think he would get through the whole thing, so we started with the dollar theater ($1.75, actually). We saw Monsters Vs. Aliens. He of course talked throughout the whole thing. The kid does not understand how to use his "quiet voice," so in his Blake voice he yelled out the blatantly obvious and said "UH-OH" at all the right moments.

I think he really enjoyed the movie...and his Sprite, popcorn, and sour apple candy!

Here are some of the best moments:

Before we got to the theater, we were all trying to prep Blake and explain what the theater is. Finally he said, "I wanna see the Big DVD."

When the movie first started there was a meteor shower seen and Blake kept saying "Rock. Rock. There's a rock! Another one. There's lots of rocks!"

"Uh-Oh!!!"

"What they doin?"

Out of nowhere, he turned and asked me for M&Ms. When I told him we didn't have any, he told me to take my money and go buy some!

After the movie, we let him sit and "drive" the motorcycle in the game room. Blake imitated every sound of the much older kid next to him, including "WOO-WOO" and "Oh, crap."


The best part, was just having some fun time with my little boy! He really needed a little time just for him in the spotlight. It was a great night!







0 comments: