Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day '09

Father's Day was pretty low-key this year. We went to church and then came home and had a late lunch/early dinner. Blake and I wrapped a present for Tony. Blake was so funny. He was really confused at why Daddy was getting a present when it wasn't his birthday. Blake kept asking where Daddy's birthday cake was! Blake also "signed" the card for his daddy. Blake loved giving Daddy his present and card. When we picked Blake up from nursery at church, he was so excited to give Daddy the little treat he had made. Blake had also picked out the cards that was sent to his grandfathers and added his own personal touch by choosing a special sticker for each card. It is so fun, as Blake gets older, to see him not only happy to receive presents, but also to give them.

I love my boys!!!





I am so grateful my boys have such a wonderful daddy! I am also grateful for my own father and the extraordiary example he has been to me throughout my life. My boys also have 3 wonderful grandfathers who I hope they will know and learn from throughout their own lives. I have been blessed to have both my grandfathers in my life and to have gotten to know them. I know my family has truly been blessed with many great fathers in our lives!

0 comments: