Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The big move

The last weekend in May, the boys and I packed up our things and moved to Little Rock, AR. Tony had already been working in Little Rock for a couple weeks before we came out. Somehow, we managed to fit almost everything in a tiny U-Haul trailer and the bed of my dad's truck! I think we were all surprised by what actually fit!

Although excited for the change, it was difficult to leave our Missouri family and friends behind. We said goodbye to our first house...



...and moved into our West Little Rock Apartment...



Many exciting things have already happened since we've moved here to Little Rock! (some good, and some not-so-good)...

During the first week, Blake fell off our bed and hit his head on our dresser on the way down. As I was trying to console him (and Egan, who was hit on the way down), I noticed blood streaming down his hair. Since we have no doctor in Arkansas, I called my doctor's office in Warrensburg. Of course, they advised me to take him to the ER. Luckily, Tony works at and otolaryngology (ENT) center and they were generous enough to see Blake there (for free!). A very kind doctor (Barbara) glued him back together for us. She said he would have a nice scar, but luckily it is on a very discreet part of his head. He was so nervous and didn't want anyone to touch his head. Once they mentioned Popsicles, he got distracted arguing over which color he wanted. They told him to pick a color, and he said yellow. Of course, yellow was a color of Popsicle they didn't have! He finally settled for orange. He also made it out of there with over a half dozen stickers!!!



Last week while Tony was working, I drove the boys about and hour and a half north to visit Tony's mom and step dad at the resort they were staying at. Although we weren't there very long until it started to thunder, we did catch a few minutes in the pool. Blake, of course, loved it! He had his little ring and was jumping in and out and swimming around all by himself. It was Egan's first time in the water and he wasn't such a fan. I guess we'll have to warm him up to the water a little more. He sure looked cute in his swimming outfit though! (It was a hand-me-down from Blake!)




Last Friday (June 5th), I got back in the car with the boys and traveled 6 hours back up north to watch one of my best friends get married. Angela and I have known each other since we were in preschool and have done just about everything together for over 20 years. She made such a beautiful bride, although she may be upset to find out the only picture I have of her in her gown is one in which she is eating! (Sorry, Angela!!!)



The boys of course had fun with their Grandma and Grandpa Harris and their aunts and uncles in Missouri.



Now we are back home in Little Rock and things should settle down for us. I will spend this week at home with the boys and then start my new job next week. Blake really likes our "Arkansas House." Every time we leave he says, "I wanna go back Arkansas!" He seems to think our apartment is "Arkansas." We are going to miss our Missouri family and friends, but we are all excited for our time here in Little Rock!

6 comments:

Hillary Brown said...

we will miss you here! good luck with everything! have fun wearing scrubs ;)

Camara said...

Im glad you got there okay and that you like it so far. Did you guys sell your house or are you renting it out? I feel bad b/c I didnt get to talk to you hardly at all before you moved. Let us know if you make it up here this summer and we can get some people together and go to the pool or something. That is so funny how chunky Egan is compared to how Blake was! That's gotta be frustrating trying to use Blake's old clothes! Im sure I might run into some of those issues with Nolan's hand-me-downs and Owen....I sure hope he isnt huge though b/c that means I have to push a huge baby out! Yikes!

Nielsen Family News said...

Very fun- never a dull moment at your house! Good luck with your new job and everything!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys have had some crazy weeks! I bet it feels good to finally be "settled"! We need to get together sometime, just let us know when Tony has a day off. Maybe we can meet half way somewhere.

Hansing Family said...

I am so sad you left Missouri... which is strange because we don't live there anymore either! We had some good times in the Burg! Hopefully we will meet back there sometime in the future. Good luck next week at work, and we will come visit you soon!

Our Family said...

Sounds like your move was exciting. Did you guys sell the house or are you renting it?